Nagpur is designated as the ‘Heart of India’ for its central position in the Indian sub-continent. It has been a prominent region since historical times in terms of strategic, political and business perspective. Its central location and vast natural resources has made it one of the most important and fastest-growing cities in India. Nagpur has several advantages over other cities in terms of economic and social growth potential due to its central location in India, natural resources and easy-connectivity in all four directions across India.
The key elements that distinguish Nagpur from other cities are:
Centrally located (Zero-Mile marker in Nagpur)
Region is surrounded by natural preserves and wildlife sanctuaries with abundance of forest resources
Awarded ‘Greenest City’
Major national highways directly connect to metropolitan cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai
Railway connectivity is highest with average 250+ trains passing through Nagpur Railway Station everyday
Nagpur Railway Station serves more than 1.5 Lac passengers each day
Nagpur Mahanagar Parivahan Limited (NMPL) provides excellent city transport connectivity with a total fleet of 470 buses
Nagpur Metro Rail project is underway to connect north and south corners with an advanced metro rail line
Multi-Modal International Passenger and Cargo Hub Aircraft (MIHAN)- Most extensive project city to convert the existing international airport into a major cargo hub for the South Asian region and to develop Special Economic Zone (SEZ) around the airport to the south of the city.
Nagpur Metro Rail – The advanced metro rail system will connect the northern-most part (Automotive Square) to the southern-most part (Butibori/MIHAN) via the central commercial region (Sitabuldi). Work has begun and expected to be completed by 2018.
Meghdoot Project – Development of ultra-modern township in New Nagpur
Mahindra-Satyam’s IT Development Center – The phase-I of this project has been completed and the MIHAN-based center is being built into a 1000-seat capacity. IT development company with an initial investment of around INR80,00,00,000.
All these aspect make Nagpur the top-choice for residential & commercial infrastructure development putting construction activities in fast lane.
Butibori industrial area is the largest in Asia and is the biggest economic project in Nagpur. Prominent names include – Hyundai, Unitech, KEC, ACC Nijon Casting limited, Videocon Washing Machine production plant
Hingna Industrial Estate in the western part of the city has more than 900 small to medium-scale industries, including – Bajaj Auto Group, Vicco Laboratories, Ajanta Toothbrushes, Mahindra & Mahindra, etc
Coal abundance thrives with coal-related industries with Western Coalfields Limited being a major player
With best infrastructure it can easily handle large population growth
Nagpur has extensive IT (Information Technology) infrastructure due to its preferred geographic location
One of its kind 24*7 water supply project ensure regular water-supply to city and surrounding areas
Housing and residential development is on a fast growth curve
Growing Commercial establishments is giving impetus to business activities attracting business from other cities and states
Coveted as one of the greenest and peaceful city to live in there are other factors that put Nagpur a step forward.
- Politically, it is important for being the seat of the annual winter session of the Maharashtra State Assembly as well as being second capital of the state.
- It is most popular as Orange City due to the immense export of orange from the region.
- It is also one of the greenest cities in India and earns the top spots in annual listing every year amongst Indian cities.
- Butibori Industrial Area has been the backbone of Nagpur’s economy since its establishment with major textile companies operating their industries here.
CREDAI – Leading Builders in Nagpur
- Nagpur city can be widely divided into two parts – east and west Nagpur.
- In last decade, Nagpur has seen boom in the property market, giving impetus to development of new areas.
- Manish Nagar located in South Nagpur is a prime example of the growing population needs and construction activity.
- The area has seen many individuals and big names of Nagpur’s property market built their projects here.
- Nagpur metro will connect all four corners of the city and bring people straight to the cities heartland.
- The area in and outside of Nagpur city will see major transformation from the housing point of view.
- All upcoming and proposed projects will need heavy work force.
- This will push the demand for new houses and especially ready to move in.
- With population doubling by 2021, the city needs housing infrastructure accordingly.
- Large no. of people will also migrate from rural areas.
- This makes demand for both affordable and luxury housing.
Nagpur is one of the most beautiful cities with growing tourist culture. It has numerous sights including spiritual, natural and historical destinations.
- Shree Ganesh Tekdi Mandir: This Lord Ganesha temple sees thousands of devotees every day with prominent personalities regularly visiting the place every time they come to city.
- Deekshabhoomi: One of the major Buddhist site holds extreme importance.
- Hazrat Baba Tajuddin Dargah: The Sufi saint Hazrat Baba Tajuddin Auliya is revered as one of the most prominent Sufi saints of India. His millions followers visit his dargah (mausoleum) in Nagpur from all faiths and walks of life. His annual Urs celebration is a sight to behold with millions of devotees coming from afar to pay homage.
- Sai Baba Temple: This is the third largest Sai Baba temple in India, after Shirdi and Shegaon. The saint is revered as re-incarnation of God and devotees can be seen visiting the temple for the early morning aarti in hundreds.
- Dragon Palace Buddhist Temple: The Dragon Palace Buddhist temple is a beautifully designed structure that has won several national and international awards. This is an international site of importance for the Buddhist faith with devotes coming from as far as China, Japan, Sri Lanka, etc. every year.
- Natural Wonders: Nagpur city is surrounded by lush green forests on all sides. Nagpur has dry deciduous forests that are abundant with wildlife. Being home to hundreds of Royal Bengal Tigers, Nagpur is also called the Tiger Capital.
These are the most popular wildlife sanctuaries and natural preserves around Nagpur:
- Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary: Situated within 100 km from Nagpur on Bhandara road, Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary is home to leopards, spotted deer, blue bulls, etc and is a heaven for birds watchers.
- Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary: This is another popular wildlife sanctuary in Nagpur region within 60 km on the Umred road. It is further connected to Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve on the Wainganga River. This forest sanctuary has hundreds of birds species for bird-watchers, besides being home to various large wild animals like blue bulls, leopards, wild hogs and tigers can be spotted at the right time.
- Maharaj Bagh Zoo: The Maharaj Bagh Zoo is another historical place and a residence for various exotic animals. This zoo was started in the last century by the royal family and has continued to display the most exotic birds and animals to public.
- Japanese Rose Garden: The Japanese Rose Garden is a part of the seminary hills area, which is akin to an island of forest in the middle of the city. This botanical garden has been designed to mimic the popular rose gardens of Japan. It attracts joggers and tourists every day to breathe in the fresh air and the beautiful surroundings.
- Ramtek & Ram Dham: It is believed that Ramtek was the place where Rama, the Hindu god, rested while he was in exile. On the way to Ramtek , Ram Dham is a spiritual and cultural amusement park. The main attraction at this site is the biggest OM of the World and folk dances, along with a magically charming puppet show.
Its central location makes it strategically important with Nagpur also serving as the second capital of Maharashtra state.
The area is abundant in natural resources that help flourish other industries such as coal.
With excellent intercity road infrastructure it also has a network of buses connecting the city ends.
Major national highways pass through the city connecting to Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai.
Nagpur has air connectivity with various domestic and international destinations with flights operating every day.
The Nagpur Railway has Asia’s only diamond junction crossing. Nagpur Railway Station manages around 250+ trains every day with an influx of around 1.5 Lacs passengers.
The Nagpur Municipal Corporation manages the city administration.
The healthcare sector in Nagpur boasts of high-quality and comprehensive hospitals that provide all kinds of treatments. The place sees an influx of patients from nearby cities and international travelers as well.
The city has many prominent educational institutes, government aided & international schools, private engineering and medical colleges. The city also has the merit to produce some of the known faces in the country who have achieved remarkable feat in their respective fields.